10 Signs That You Are Ready For Coaching
by Peter Comrie
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]If you’re smart you take care of yourself. You seek out help and support when you need it (and sometimes when you don’t) in order to function at your best. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, car mechanics and hairdressers; these professionals all have certain skills and knowledge to help us when we need specific care, counsel or practical assistance.
Sometimes in life however, it can be hard to know where to look for help, especially if we’re not really sure exactly what help we need or why we need it. Perhaps you could be thinking about a career change or maybe you want to grow your business. You may lack confidence or want to start taking better care of your health and wellness. Maybe there’s nothing wrong at all, you just want to maximize your potential. In situations like these, it’s not always obvious how to start the process or who can help. It could be time to consider a life coach.
The following are 10 signs that you may be ready for life coaching. If some, or all of these resonate with you, you’re probably a great candidate for coaching and its benefits:
1. YOU’RE WILLING TO INVEST TIME & ENERGY – Effective coaching takes time and energy if you want sustainable long-term results. Feeling energized about the idea of coaching is a great indicator that you’re ready for it.
2. YOU’RE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT CHANGE – Coaching is all about facilitating positive change. If you’re ready to make bold changes, you’re ready for coaching.
3. YOU’RE OPEN TO NEW WAYS OF THINKING – Generating fresh new thinking lies at the core of coaching. New thinking leads to new ideas, new strategies and new opportunities.
4. YOU’RE MOTIVATED TO TAKE ACTION – Being ready to take action and get things done is essential to a successful coaching engagement. Results = Greater motivation = More results.
5. YOU’RE READY TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE – Coaching is a partnership and your coach will be there to support you. Accountability is key to making sure you’re maximizing your choices, abilities and potential.
6. YOU’RE EAGER TO BREAK OLD HABITS – If you’re sick of making the same old mistakes and repeating patterns, coaching will help you understand and move beyond them.
7. YOU’RE RECEPTIVE TO TAKING RISKS – If you don’t change the way you do behave, you’ll get the same results. Coaching involves taking risks, trying new things and abandoning old behaviors.
8. YOU’RE DONE WITH EXCUSES – Coaches hear every excuse out there and are trained to challenge them AND you. It’s time to put them aside in favor or accountability and action.
9. YOU’RE DETERMINED TO SEE IT THROUGH – Coaching can provide results quickly, but it shouldn’t be viewed as a quick fix. The best results require planning, execution and follow up.
10. YOU’RE WILLING TO ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND WORK – The more you put in, the more you’ll get out of coaching. Harder work = Bigger results.
Remember, seeking support in the form of a coach doesn’t mean there’s a crisis or that something is broken and needs fixed. It means you’re taking control of your life and moving to maximize your potential, your success, and your happiness. Are you ready?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]